University of Cambridge
Oct 2017- June 2021 Currently working towards a BA (Hons) in Modern and Medieval Languages at the University of Cambridge.
January- May 2020 Erasmus exchange at the Ecole Normale Superieure Lyon, one of France’s prestigious ‘Grandes Écoles’.
September 2010 – 2017 Bootham School, York
A-Level French, Spanish, History, English Literature, Extended Project Qualification: 5A*.
GCSE (including Maths, English, Languages and Sciences.): 11A*
Bolivian Express, Video Intern (Sep-Dec 2019)
- Interviews and video production for the English-language magazine
Quaker Bolivia Link, Social Media and Video Production assistant (Sep- Dec 2019)
- Increased engagement on social media channels
- Made a video for the NGO on their work
- Interviewed people from the villages the NGO works with
- Negotiated with village leaders over projects during the political crisis in Bolivia
Foreign News Desk, The Times (July 2019)
- Researched leads for the Foreign News and News Desks
- Fact-checked articles and carried out research as needed
- Two items published, linked to two section leads
- Attended editorial meetings
Private Eye (June 2019)
- Researching leads for stories
- Contributed several items to different sections of the 2nd June issue
- Attended editorial meetings
Literary Review (April 2019)
- Copyediting to BSL standard
- Transcribed and digitised archive pieces
- Organised correspondence and book proofs
- Had a review commissioned for the August edition
Telephone Campaign Caller, Clare College (April 2018)
- Worked as part of a team that raised £512,000 in three weeks
- Updated alumni details and increased alumni contact with the college.
- Handled Debit and Credit card payments over the phone using Teleraise software
Bartending for balls at Oxford and Cambridge; working at the Deramore Arms Pub in York; working as a Cleaning and Catering Assistant at Bootham School.
Posts of responsibility in Cambridge
Producer / Assistant Stage Director ADC Theatre (February 2019-ongoing)
- Produced ‘Richard II’ in Clare College Gardens, which involved liaising with several college departments.
- Produced ‘Cold Turkey’, a farce. Raised £600 for a Jimmy’s Cambridge, a local homelessness charity
- Organised props, rehearsal and audition schedules, promoted shows via traditional and social media publicity, successfully bid for a budget of £350 for each show.
Senior Guest Liaison, the Cambridge Union (Jan-May 2019)
- Supporting high-profile guest speakers in their visit, including several MPs, heads of state, and international CEOs.
- Organising travel and accommodation arrangements
- Assisting guests in signing legal speaker release forms.
Secretary for the Union of Clare Students (Sep 2019- May 2019)
- Minuting and organising meetings
- Expanded social media presence and student engagement, advertising activities online and within the College.
- Updated weekly bulletin with events, work and volunteering opportunities, using HTML script.
- Ensured all committee members were up to date with committee work, and acted as a point of information for any queries on college infrastructure and departments
News and Investigations Editor, Opinion Editor, Columnist and Contributor for ‘The Tab Cambridge’ (September 2017-ongoing), contributor to Varsity.
- Wrote more than 30 articles, including a weekly column and interviews, on topics of my choice, which received thousands of views in the most successful Tab team of all 80 UK and US groups.
- Covered major stories at the University, including liveblogging student protests and University and student council meetings
- Commissioned, edited, and published student writing
- Led a group of four opinion writers, and regularly took responsibility for others’ editing and writing tasks when needed.
- Wrote, produced, and edited short films for Tab TV, which received thousands of views on social media
Fundraising Co-ordinator, Haladia (Sep 2019-ongoing)
- Have personally raised £500 from high net worth individuals
- Contacting academic institutions, law chambers, and naval groups to work with our new NGO, a legal monitoring ship in the Mediterranean which offers support to refugees.